GDC Pulls Bushnell's Pioneer Award [

Lucky

Ljudi odlepili :((

A tweet from the Game Developer's Conference announces they have decided not to give out a Pioneer Award this year, following backlash to their choice of Atari co-founder Nolan Bushnell based on allegations of sexist behavior. The tweet does not directly reference Bushnell, but does say their awards advisory committee believes "their picks should reflect the values of today's game industry and will dedicate this year's award to honor the pioneering and unheard voices of the past." Interestingly, there is no notice of this on the Game Developers Conference Website, and yesterday's announcement of the Ambassador, Pioneer, and Lifetime Achievement Award recipients has since been scrubbed of any mention whatsoever of Bushnell and the Pioneer Award.

For his part, Bushnell responds with a tweet where he apologizes and expresses support for this action:
"I applaud the GDC for ensuring that their institution reflect what is right, specifically with regards to how people should be treated in the workplace. And if that means an award is the price I have to pay personally so the whole industry may be more aware and sensitive to these issues, I applaud that, too. If my personal actions or the actions of anyone who ever worked with me offended or caused pain to anyone at our companies, then I apologize without reservation.

Glavna zamerka je, ako niste ispratili celu farsu, to što je Atari kultura bila prepuna droge, alkohola i razvrata ... U SEDAMDESETIM I OSAMDESETIM godinama.

Iza najdosadnijeg naziva topica krije se kul kontent.

Moji omiljeni 'zločini'

When author Tristan Donovan spoke to ex-Atari executive Ray Kassar for his video game history book, Replay, Kassar is quoted as stating, “When I arrived [at Atari] on the first day, I was dressed in a business suit and a tie and I met Nolan Bushnell. He had a T-shirt on. The T-shirt said: ‘I love to fuck.’ That was my introduction to Atari.”

Game designer Elizabeth Sampat wrote: “This is not the year to fete a man who pressured female employees into topless hot tub parties and code-named Pong after the hottest woman in the office.”

Sent from my NEM-L21 using Tapatalk

Lyesmith kept his orange-blond hair pretty much shaved. You could see the lines of his skull. "Tell you what, though. This country started going to bell when they stopped hanging folks. No gallows dirt. No gallows deals."