Get Adobe Flash player
Sign in to follow this  
jackky

Dale Earnhardt Jr. not upset with rule t

jackky   

NASCAR's new rule limiting the park to green-white-checkered restart at Talladega ultimately cost Dale Earnhardt Jr. the chance to win Sunday's race.

It also cost him a chance to advance to an alternative round belonging to the Chase.

MORE: Logano wins controversial finish | Kenseth upset with Logano | Hamlin's rough day

But Earnhardt, ever the best sport and cla s act that he is, was Happy with that if finishing second DaVaris Daniels Jersey at Talladega and being eliminated of your Chase.

While a good deal of his fans threw debris relating to the track in protest, Earnhardt supported NASCAR's rule, which handed the victory Sunday to Joey Logano.

"I'm fine in T.J. Clemmings Jersey the new rule," Earnhardt said after stepping from his car. "Everybody should debate, but we had arrived thinking prior to race how they created a good change for the green-white-checkered to see one, i still believe that way. Per the rules, we ran second, and I can live with that."

Earnhardt and Logano were racing sideways to your lead right after they took saving money flag relating to the first merely green-white-checkered restart. But as soon as they quite simply took the hole, a multicar crash reupted in it, forcing NASCAR to throw a caution flag, e sentially ending the race. A very slow parade with the final laps remained.

Video review showed Logano was inches in advance of Earnhardt if your caution flag flew, handing him the win. It turned out Logano's third consecutive victory, giving him a sweep of Round 2 of the Chase in the Sprint Cup.

Despite finishing second Sunday, Earnhardt was among the list of four drivers eliminated with the Chase. He finished 28th and 21st while in the first 2 races of Round 2, forcing him to win Sunday's race to advance.

He was inches from this, and can even have won had NASCAR not thrown the caution or implemented the brand new green-white-checkered rule.

"Another Eric Wilson Jersey 100 yards plus i would have been within the lead, but NASCAR helps to make the calls," Earnhardt said. "They're the governing body i have Fully faith through the choices they make. I'm not saying will be too upset regarding it. I did whatever I really could. I'm likes to show off myself ick out from my team."

It marked the actual consecutive year that Earnhardt was eliminated in Round 2 with the Chase. He led one of CJ Ham Jersey the most laps Sunday and charged towards front from a late green-flag pit stop. He is in position to win up until late-race crashes, which triggered the lone green-white-checkered restart.

"I'm satisfied with that which you did today," he was quoted saying. "We did everything we wanted to carry out, we fell a little bit short, for the width for the splitter.

"If this group sticks together, you will do wonderful landmarks the coming year. We will sit here and pout regarding it day, but we didn't do adequate within the 1st two rounds. If you had done better in your first two rounds, or the initial two races on this round, we have seen 't be thinking about losing by just a splitter. We did not do a good job in those initial couple of races. We will need to make an effort to win another race just before the year has increased and also have a great time. David Morgan Jersey "