BATTLETECH - Tactical Mech-Combat (novi MechCommander?!?)

G!!!

http://battletechgame.com/

W4lcbYt.png

Likovi koji stoje iza veoma uspesne kampanje za fenomenalni Shadowrun Returns RPG (i dve ekspanzije dragon fall i hong kong) krecu da rade na battletech univerzumu i spremaju kampanju za jesen ove godine !

Key points: 

• Set in 3025 
  • Turn-based tactical with a lot of RPG elements, because you'll not only be managing a lance of 'Mechs but also Mechwarriors as well 
  • PC & Mac 
  • Open-ended mercenary campaign 
  • Careers and skill trees 
  • Build your own mercenary unit 
  • Vanguard (Founders) early bird pack - seemingly GenCon only (booooo!) 
  • Apparently working with both PGI and Catalyst Game Labs, PGI for 'Mech art and CGL to coordinate with their fiction line 
  • Kickstarter will start in Autumn

New info: 

• They are looking into multiplayer as a Kickstarter goal. PvP arena on Solaris VII. 
  • Not using the same engine as Shadowrun Hong Kong. Something completely new with Unity 5 - a "fully 3D title" 
  • Where Shadowrun is an RPG with turn-based combat, Battletech is turn-based combat with RPG elements, so they're reversing the priorities. 
  • With Battletech it is much more the story of the world and the great houses and a more macro-level narrative than Shadowrun's personal stories and exposition-heavy narrative. 
  • Story will be leading up to the 4th Succession War 
  • They are currently early in prototyping and gearing up for the Kickstarter 
  • Right now they are only focusing on PC and most likely Mac and Linux 
  • Target audience: Same thing like Shadowrun, they want to please the passionate fans and at the same time freshen the look of things in the world and getting back to the roots of Battletech with the feudal conflicts. 
  • Mike McCain is a big fan of the Battletech franchise and one of his first PC games was MechWarrior 2. Along with Jordan Weisman (Battletech), and Mitch Gitelman (Mechcommander), the team is inspired for this title

Neki ciljani okvirni termin za izlazak igre bi bio pocetak 2017. godine

fallout_table.gif

• 4 weeks later...

trosenje para na bolji monitor od onog koji imash nikad nije bacanje ;o)

also, najbitnija stvar po mom misljenju i u slucaju shadowruna i sad sa battletechom je sto su ti likovi iz harebraineda efektivno stara FASA, jedino sto nemaju korporativne smarace iznad sebe nego kickstarteruju sredstva...jest da cemo se nachekati, ali valjda ce da se isplati =o) 

• Upvote (+1) 1

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/battletech/description

za nekih 15 sati skupljeno je 800k od trazenih 250 k

stretch goals 

With your help! The success of our last few games allows us to fund the Base Skirmish Game - but with your support BATTLETECH can become so much more. Here's how the game will expand as the campaign's funding increases. (For a full summary, see the Game Stagessection below).

• STAGE 1 (Already funded by Harebrained Schemes): A turn-based tactical skirmish game - command a Lance of 4 'Mechs & MechWarriors against AI opponents across a variety of battlefields.
  • STAGE 2 ($1,000,000): We add a full, single-player story campaign to the game.
  • STAGE 3 ($1,850,000): We add side-missions, procedurally-generated missions and the campaign becomes open-ended. 
  • STAGE 4 ($2,500,000): Introduces PVP multiplayer combat in the famous arenas of Solaris VII.
Edited by G!!!

fallout_table.gif

zato sto sam lozana na mech commander a dobrim delom i warrior serijal spamujem topik sa informacijama na koje naletim

-Been in pre-production for a few months, working on core gameplay loops at the moment. Development timespan is estimated to be 18 months 
-Hoping for the game to be free movement, no grids. Prototyping different approaches: free, hexes, grids, etc. 
-Melee and "Death From Above" will be in the game (Hatchetman, etc.) 
-High level of interaction with environments. Bushes being crushed as you walk over them, blowing up buildings, etc. Deformable terrain is unlikely 
-Atmospheric environments. Fire, smoke, water, etc. Inferno rounds are likely in the game 
-Will be true to the spirit of the tabletop game, but will be its own beast. "As deep or deeper than the original Battletech game" 
-A lot of depth. Mech classes, maybe even different chassis. Training your merc pilots, etc. 
-Tactical in terms of complexity and using a lot of information to your advantage. Like XCOM, satisfying 30 minutes of tactical gameplay rather than needing hours for a satisfying experience 
-Between matches, you upgrade mechs, take on contracts. No overworld, exploration, etc. outside of missions 
-No cooperative modes, could appear in a Battletech sequel 
-Resource management and logistics will be a big part of the game, revolving around the salvage-based economy. Paying salaries, paying repairs, for interstellar travel, etc. Would love to have contract negotiations between houses as part of the larger campaign 
-One of the stretch goals will be legendary mechwarriors and mechs 
-Want to make it as authentic a Battletech story/experience as possible, steeped in lore. Unclear if it will be canon 
-Choices revolve more about mission choices and decisions on the battlefield, rather than dialogue. Choosing to take on a rival house, secret secondary objectives adjacent to your main objectives, etc. 
-Combined arms/aerospace units will be one of the stretch goals. Jumpships and the like 
-Origin stories and deeper merc group customization will be a stretch goal, building on the expanded campaign 
-Mech aesthetic customization: color schemes, banner/emblem creator, etc. 
-Takes between third and fourth Secession Wars 
-Skirmish will let you choose objectives, choose where enemies spawn, select special modifiers. -No map editor 
-Devs are really excited to explore the lore and universe in a more impactful way compared to other Battletech games, and being able to have gameplay with the kind of depth that's true to the tabletop game (compared to real-time strategy) 
-Will be available on Steam, Humble, GOG, and DRM-free 
-Paypal backing option from day one if you can't back through Kickstarter

-They are going for salvaged look for the mechs 
-They want to have high reactivity in environments, destructible buildings etc. 
-They want to model multiple gunnery and piloting skills for mechwarriors with perhaps an option to specialize to certain chassis 
-Compared to shadowrun and xcom this game will have less emphasis on use of cover 
-No exploring outside of missions. 
-Co-op won't be in this title 
-Air support will play a role in game and is included into combined arms stretch goal. 
-No space battles (why this was even asked; I don't know) 
-Nothing concrete about initial character creation yet 
-All of the game happens in ´timebuble´ between 3rd and 4th succession wars, so timeline doesn't progress in open ended campaign 
-Localizations for german, french and russian. Those don't require additional funding goal. 
-No map editor, but skirmish mode objectives etc. could be set by player. 
-Release on Steam, GOG, Humble and DRM-free 
-Heat is in.(Inferno rounds mentioned and water will have an effect also mech loadout concept includes heat sink. Though they haven't decided yet if environmental fires have game play effect)

fallout_table.gif

Video sam par zanimljivih projekata gde je u roku od par sati od pocetka kickstartera odma otislo tih prvih par najskupljih rewardova, a broj backera jako mali i bez znacajnijih promena u narednim danima. Ko ce ga znati, u ovom slucaju mi je svakako jako drago da ide brzinom kojom ide, zelim im da obore sve dosadasnje rekorde sto se tice video igara na KS-u.

Bards tale je imao fenomenalan start koji je posle jako jako splasnuo pa su opet nekako skupili 2m :\ verovatno je inXile malo preterao sa KS projektima u kratkom vremenu

po nekim komentarima stretch goals su malo preterani i mnogi cekaju da li ce i kada ce igra prebaciti prvih milion potrebnih za punokrvu kampanju (sto je ocigledno od starta da ce postici ali opet malo im je zbunjujuc odabir ciljeva koji trebaju da stimulisu davanje love)

mechwarrior online je preko svog sistema finansiranja i preordera skupio citavih 5 miliona ?! pa opet komentari za igru su daleko od dobrih :|

ja cu im gurnuti lovu ali sigurno ne koju stotinu iako jakna zvuci nenormalno cool :)

fallout_table.gif

mechwarrior online je UNISTIO 90% dobre volje koja je postojala ka toj fransizi i njihov ceo model poslovanja je bio (i dalje jeste) koriscenje lakovernosti i obecanja za prodaju ingame stvari/semi-pay2win, upravo mislim da zbog toga nije veci response/da harebrained trazi manje para jer znaju sta je pirana uradila od zajednice...

i mechwarrior tactics je ostavio dosta ljudi kratkih rukava :(

anyway dobar video da nas podseti sve :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7w88yQVlVY

da li je neko stigao da proba Living Legends ? koliko sam citao o modu ono je neverovatno sta su ljudi uspeli da nabudze, i koliko vidim i dalje je moguce igrati ga

http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/faq/#1.1

fallout_table.gif

• 3 weeks later...

6 dana do kraja KS akcije, 2,08 mill skupljeno + čini mi se da su malo downtweakovali drugi stage 3+ goal tako da mi se čini da i to ide u funded
ipak me interesuje sta ce da bude sa stage 4 pvp-om kada ne uzmu 2,5 mill, a beta testing treba da je all pvp?.... ;oP

ni to nije losa ideja, da se fokusiraju na "prednji" deo igre pa tek posle na ove goalove kojis u bili "na kraju"
ali rekli su da ce beta biti pvp-based tako da moraju da imaju neki netvode i matching sistem za to pre bilo chega drugog...
a onda, ako su to razvili za potrebe bete, zasto ga nemati u finalnoj igri iako stretch nije reached? =o)

nije da je pvp presudan, ali cisto mislim da nije komplikovan posto je igra potezna plus stoni battletech, koji je osnova svega, je drustvena pvp igra =o)