Blizzard's Wrath of the Lich King Presentation

Silencer

Earlier in the week, we were invited to attend a Wrath of the Lich King presentation at Blizzard's offices in Irvine, California. Once there, we were shown Northrend in its current state of development, a Death Knight in action, given several hours to play the expansion for ourselves, and were also permitted interview sessions with three of Blizzard's top developers - J. Allen Brack, Jeff Kaplan and Tom Chilton.

Blizzard dished the dirt on a whole range of things about Wrath, and you can read all about the trip in our Wrath Presentation Article, as well as articles covering all we learned about Death Knights, filmed interviews with the game producer and designers, a tour of the Blizzard campus and museum and much much more. We've gone into great detail on all of this, but for now, here are the most exciting things we learned from Blizzard about the coming expansion:

General

* All 25 man raids in Wrath will also be available to complete with 10 players. This is so that more players will get to see end game content (Even the Arthas encounter will be available as a 10 man raid).

* There will be completely different loot tables for the two different raid types. They will also be on separate cool downs, so players could fight in both the 10 man and 25 man raid on the same day if they wish.

* The mounts available to buy in Wrath will probably be able to take passengers. These mounts will also work in the old world (Provided they are land mounts), so players can give low-level characters a ride! The new mounts will also be slightly faster, around the speed of the Armored Netherdrakes.

* All 5-man instances in Northrend will feature Heroic modes, and the loot tables for the 2 modes will be totally separate. Heroic dungeons will have their own "Tier" of armor completely unique to that level dungeon.

Death Knights

* Death Knights will be available to players who have a character level 55+ on the same realm. There is no other requirement at this time.

* Players are allowed 1 Death Knight per realm that they have a level 55+ character on.

* Death Knights will be "born" in a floating Necropolis over the Eastern Plaguelands, similar to Naxxramas.

* Death Knights will start at level 55.

* A Death Knight's starting armor will be a mixture of green and blue quality items. The first few quests that they encounter will provide upgrades to these starting items, and these upgrades will be armor specific to Death Knights.

* Death Knights can dual wield.

* One Death Knight spell is Raise Dead, which converts a fallen unit into a ghoul for a time to serve the Death Knight, similar to a Hunter's pet. If the spell is used on a fallen friendly player, the player will be presented with an option box similar to a resurrection message, and if they accept, they will take control of the ghoul and will be able to use its abilities for the period of time that it is active. This can work as a sort-of battle res, and Chilton stated it may be available in Arenas.

Northrend

* Northrend is Huge. It is larger than Outland by a couple of zones, and some of the zones in Northrend are bigger than the largest zone in Outland.

This is just a small list of what we discovered. See the articles/movies below, which go into more detail on the following topics:

http://www.worldofwar.net/wowtv/media/264/...Movie_May_2008/

http://www.worldofwar.net/articles/413336/...report-may-2008

http://www.worldofwar.net/articles/413348/deathknight-report

http://www.worldofwar.net/gallery/showgall...date=1210299594

http://www.worldofwar.net/wowtv/media/262/...rview_May_2008/

http://www.worldofwar.net/wowtv/media/263/...rview_May_2008/

http://www.worldofwar.net/wowtv/media/261/...rview_May_2008/

http://www.worldofwar.net/wowtv/media/258/...about_May_2008/

http://www.worldofwar.net/wowtv/media/260/..._Tour_May_2008/

And the latest addition:

http://www.worldofwar.net/articles/413359/...ne-of-the-fluff

rur-1.jpgrur-2.jpg

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Deathknight class

A quick description of some of the spells:

• Death Coil -- Depletes all Runic Power, dealing 600 damage to a non-Undead target, or healing 900 damage on a friendly target.

• Death Grip -- This is the Death Knight's "taunt" ability. It also pulls the target to the Death Knight, forcing them to attack the Death Knight for a short amount of time. Yes, I said pulls the target; Blizzard is going to allow players to move mobs in the expansion both with Death Grip, and other knockback/pull abilities. This works on players too, so PvP balance ahoy!

• Chains of Ice -- Roots the target in place. When the spell fades, it places a snare on the target that reduces in potency as the duration runs out.

• Raise Dead -- Raises a nearby corpse to fight for the Death Knight for 2 minutes. If used on a player corpse, the player has the option to play as the ghoul for the duration -- gaining access to the ghoul's abilities.

- The ghoul has the ability to do the following:

-- Leap to the target

-- Rend for decent damage-over-time

-- Stun target, and of course more

• Death Pact -- Sacrifices the raised ghouls to heal the Death Knight.

• Death and Decay -- Targeted, AoE Damage-over-time which pulses similar to the Paladin spell Consecration. Anyone affected by Death and Decay has a chance to be feared.

• Frost Presence -- Increases Armor by 45% and allows the Death Knight to generate 25% more threat. Only one presence can be active at any time.

• Unholy Presence -- Increases Attack Speed and Movement speed by 15%. Only one presence can be active at any time. This was described by Tom Chilton as the "PvP" presence.

• Anti-magic Shield -- Reduces the damage of the next magical spell cast on the Death Knight by 75%. It also converts the damage reduced into Runic Power.

• Strangulate -- Depletes all Runic Power, dealing minor damage and silencing the target for up to 5 seconds.

• Summon Deathcharger -- Allows the Death Knight to summon a Deathcharger mount. This mount is acquired through quests, similar to the Paladin and Warlock land mounts.

da overpowered ! silence interupt ,pull, coil, fear, chain, magic shield

dodji dodji da ti rascopam glavu...

T_T

The Deathknight class

A quick description of some of the spells:

• Death Coil -- Depletes all Runic Power, dealing 600 damage to a non-Undead target, or healing 900 damage on a friendly target.

• Death Grip -- This is the Death Knight's "taunt" ability. It also pulls the target to the Death Knight, forcing them to attack the Death Knight for a short amount of time. Yes, I said pulls the target; Blizzard is going to allow players to move mobs in the expansion both with Death Grip, and other knockback/pull abilities. This works on players too, so PvP balance ahoy!

• Chains of Ice -- Roots the target in place. When the spell fades, it places a snare on the target that reduces in potency as the duration runs out.

• Raise Dead -- Raises a nearby corpse to fight for the Death Knight for 2 minutes. If used on a player corpse, the player has the option to play as the ghoul for the duration -- gaining access to the ghoul's abilities.

- The ghoul has the ability to do the following:

-- Leap to the target

-- Rend for decent damage-over-time

-- Stun target, and of course more

• Death Pact -- Sacrifices the raised ghouls to heal the Death Knight.

• Death and Decay -- Targeted, AoE Damage-over-time which pulses similar to the Paladin spell Consecration. Anyone affected by Death and Decay has a chance to be feared.

• Frost Presence -- Increases Armor by 45% and allows the Death Knight to generate 25% more threat. Only one presence can be active at any time.

• Unholy Presence -- Increases Attack Speed and Movement speed by 15%. Only one presence can be active at any time. This was described by Tom Chilton as the "PvP" presence.

• Anti-magic Shield -- Reduces the damage of the next magical spell cast on the Death Knight by 75%. It also converts the damage reduced into Runic Power.

• Strangulate -- Depletes all Runic Power, dealing minor damage and silencing the target for up to 5 seconds.

• Summon Deathcharger -- Allows the Death Knight to summon a Deathcharger mount. This mount is acquired through quests, similar to the Paladin and Warlock land mounts.

da overpowered ! silence interupt ,pull, coil, fear, chain, magic shield

dodji dodji da ti rascopam glavu...

loololololo

Baronov mount za Dz :)

NEMA JAKO I NEMA U GLAVU!

[19:12:21] [W From] [80:Primevilka]: ja to zato shto te volim <3

Pa ne znam,pola shljive,njivik i bashtu

lol pa nisam izvalio da ce 25 raid moci da se radi kao 10 man....Koje je ovo sranje rofl

i sta ce sad da prave svakokg bosa da radi drugacije spelove faze i sve tako u 25 a nesto banalinije u 10man

ili ce da se naprave retardi pa da stave isto u 10man i 25man samo sto radi mnogo manje dmg??progress raid prvo u 10man da se nauci taktika i onda ga spalis u 25 ?

ko je ovo pravio ffs drugs are bad mkay

T_T

lol pa nisam izvalio da ce 25 raid moci da se radi kao 10 man....Koje je ovo sranje rofl

i sta ce sad da prave svakokg bosa da radi drugacije spelove faze i sve tako u 25 a nesto banalinije u 10man

ili ce da se naprave retardi pa da stave isto u 10man i 25man samo sto radi mnogo manje dmg??progress raid prvo u 10man da se nauci taktika i onda ga spalis u 25 ?

ko je ovo pravio ffs drugs are bad mkay

Pa posto svi igraci prelaze na AoC, content se optimizuje za decu i retose

But I doubt there's a journey planned for me - As I own every moment of my life

And the blessed they shall call it blasphemy - But I know what I think is right

Still the sun and the stars will shine for me - For the pure I will fight

For no king I will die - For my thoughts I will live

...Taurens, Orcs and Dwarves were available as Death Knights. I later saw a Gnome Death Knight on another machine, which backs up the statement Blizzard have made in the past that all races will likely have access to being a Death Knight...

sign me in!

Dokle vise ova rasprava za retarde u wowu? Blizz hoce da sto vise ljudi vidi instance i ne vidim sta je tu lose. Bice lepo podela na 25 man gde ce trebati neuporedivo bolja oprema i davace se mnogo bolji loot kao i 10 man easy mode za casual igrace koji su oduvek i cinili 90% wow populacije sa losijim lootom. Blizz hoce da i oni vide i osete nesto dalje od karazhana posle 1 god igre jer ljudi rade, imaju rl obaveze i nemaju vremena da vise online po 10h i budu u raid guildama. Ko smatra da je retardirano imati rl i igrati igricu u free time treba da poseti onu kliniku sto je linkovo Silencer.

So when you fall to the ground,

And finally get back to reality, and no one else is around,

So tell me how does it feel to be the enemy?

...Taurens, Orcs and Dwarves were available as Death Knights. I later saw a Gnome Death Knight on another machine, which backs up the statement Blizzard have made in the past that all races will likely have access to being a Death Knight...

sign me in!

Dokle vise ova rasprava za retarde u wowu? Blizz hoce da sto vise ljudi vidi instance i ne vidim sta je tu lose. Bice lepo podela na 25 man gde ce trebati neuporedivo bolja oprema i davace se mnogo bolji loot kao i 10 man easy mode za casual igrace koji su oduvek i cinili 90% wow populacije sa losijim lootom. Blizz hoce da i oni vide i osete nesto dalje od karazhana posle 1 god igre jer ljudi rade, imaju rl obaveze i nemaju vremena da vise online po 10h i budu u raid guildama. Ko smatra da je retardirano imati rl i igrati igricu u free time treba da poseti onu kliniku sto je linkovo Silencer.

nisi ti razumeo sta sam ja rekao

ja cisto sumnjam da ce blizzard da uzme sad 50 bosova iz 25m instanci i da ih promeni da imaju drugacije faze i abilitys za 10 man.nego ce samo da smanji dmg done.pa ti odes u 10man napravis taktiku i odradis to u 25.na to sam mislim.cisto sumnjam da ce bas toliko da se iszimaju da svakog bosa naprave drugacije za 25 i 10man..

T_T

nisi ti razumeo sta sam ja rekao

ja cisto sumnjam da ce blizzard da uzme sad 50 bosova iz 25m instanci i da ih promeni da imaju drugacije faze i abilitys za 10 man.nego ce samo da smanji dmg done.pa ti odes u 10man napravis taktiku i odradis to u 25.na to sam mislim.cisto sumnjam da ce bas toliko da se iszimaju da svakog bosa naprave drugacije za 25 i 10man..

Potpuno netacno. Mada ni ja ne mogu da tvrdim, ali to je isto kao da si usao u 5 man istancu Dungeon Dif ili Heroic dif.

Bolji predmeti / epix / bossevi kolko ja znam u Heroic modu imaju veci dmg, veci life, i special attack / abilities ?

rur-1.jpgrur-2.jpg

Meni se svidja sto ce igra verovatno biti mnogo dinamicnija po pitanju geara :) Inscription +

Ovo ce twinkovanje da podigne na visi nivo ;)

Inace razmisljam da napravim Draenei DK, demon look + big shoulders + DK plate armor = WIN :)

Ovaj spell koji ozivljava mrtvog igraca kao raspalog undeada deluje tako urnebesno.